Live, Laugh, Love, Learn.

Sunday, September 13, 2015

If you've been searching for good quality, inexpensive brushes, then you've more than likely stumbled across the brilliance that is BESTOPE. If not, then you're about to be let in on one of beauty's biggest secrets. BESTOPE brushes are a line of brushes sold exclusively through Amazon (trust me, I've looked for other vendors and all I could find is Amazon, not to say that you won't find someone else selling the brushes that they received on eBay). These brushes have often been referred to as Sigma dupes, and while I- not having a wealth of experience/knowledge with Sigma brushes- cannot exactly backup that comparison, I can say that these brushes definitely give you a bang for your buck. Surprisingly, the most popular set from BESTOPE is the 8 piece brush set; however, after some digging, I found that they also carry a 10 piece set that is identical to the iconic 8 piece one. Naturally, I opted for the 10 piece, because not only was I offered more brushes- they were also $3 cheaper than the 8 piece! Now, prices may vary with these brushes depending on when you buy them- the brushes went up $1 from when I bought them a few weeks ago- but they won't break the bank and the quality is durable and pretty impeccable for the price. The only downside would be that there is a faint chemical/paint smell when you receive these brushes- something many have complained of. I immediately remedied this by deep cleaning the brushes. As well, one or two may have a hair or two out of place. Light and gentle trimming and resolve this as well. Again, for less than $10, having to somewhat trim a single hair on a brush and wash the before use is really no trouble at all.

In the 10 Piece Set, the brushes you receive are:

  • 1 Round Blending Face Brush (Large)
  • 1 Angled Blending Face Brush (large)
  • 1 Flat Blending Face Brush (Large)
  • 1 Tapered Contouring Face Brush (Large)
  • 1 Angled Contouring Face Brush (Large)
  • 1 (Small) Tapered Contouring Face Brush
  • 1 (Small) Flat Blending Face Brush
  • 1 (Small) Round Blending Face Brush
  • 1 (Small) Angled Contouring Face Brush
  • 1 (Small) Angled Blending Face Brush
Now, e.l.f. brushes are far more known, as they are drugstore and beauty staples for many. They offer a variety of brushes and makeup, and were in fact the very first brushes I ever purchased when I first started wearing makeup. Personally, I love e.l.f. brushes. Yes, some are better than others, but the overall quality is pretty great. Again, another bang for your buck. This time around, I ordered from their original line, while my originally purchased brushes hailed from their studio line. I must say; however, that I am particularly impressed with the quality of these brushes- especially the blending brush. The fact that these brushes were $1 each which came to a whopping total of $3 and no shipping fees, let's just say I was in makeup heaven when they arrived.

If you're on the market for some new brushes, or perhaps your first set of brushes, definitely go for these. I think a good collection of BESTOPE & e.l.f. brushes can really help you to get a good kit started either for yourself or your business if you're starting off small and need to make more money so you can splurge on more expensive items. I've gotten to create looks I only dreamt of since purchasing these brushes and I feel so much more confident in my makeup collection as a whole. An added bonus? They are absolutely gorgeous and will look great sitting with your other makeup.

Smudge Brush, Eyeliner Brush, Blending Brush





*Another bonus of e.l.f.? They're online support is amazing. They get back to you with shipping issues in a flash & are incredibly helpful.





Smudge Brush






Blending Brush






Eyeliner Brush
 I may not be a makeup artist, but I know good brushes when I see them. Definitely head on over to Amazon & e.l.f.'s websites and check these out! You won't regret it.


-xoxo Jae


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Archive

Powered by Blogger.